Saturday, November 27, 2010

Perfect days

Well, I hope that your bellies were happy and full after the Thanksgiving celebrations.  Ours were here at the Ferrell household.  We had a great time at my MIL's new house and she outdid herself with the spread.  The Chocolate Truffle Dessert was ehh-ok.  Apparently, I am not a truffle fan.  Ava was definitely the center of the world at Thanksgiving.  She would "talk" on demand, laugh when she was tickled, and pretty content when passed around the family.  She is such a good baby. 

My sister spent the night with us Thanksgiving night, so Clint and I could get up at the butt crack of dawn and head out to shop Black Friday.  We left the house at 4am.  Actually, it felt like a normal day of mine!  I am usually up with Ava around that time and my alarm during the week is set for 4am or 4:20am depending on if I need to wash my hair.  I woke Caitlin up and gave her a brief run down on the feedings and routine.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous.  Babysitting at 4am is not the usual babysitting experience.

Clint and I shopped and shopped until about 7:30am.  We had such a great time.  I wouldn't spend Black Friday with anyone else.  We laughed and laughed at each other and ahem other people!  People watching is definitely a hobby of mine!!

We had most of our shopping done and decided since we had a babysitter, we would go to breakfast.  Boy howdy, was it gooooood.  I enjoyed every carby starchy item on the breakfast buffet.  This is the longest we have been out by ourselves or anywhere since Ava was born.  We usually just take her with us.  It was the best Balck Friday we have had together. 

We came home to this face!!

Then it was family naptime!  For ~2 glorious hours all 3 of us napped.  We got up and got busy( not that busy, wink wink).  Busy with Xmas decor!  Clint got all of the decorations out of the attic and I got to work unpacking and fluffing the tree while him and Ava watched the Iron Bowl.(Alabamaa vs Auburn).  During half, Clint helped me put the lights on.  The decorations are up and "its beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

Yesterday, was one our my perfect days.  Date with my husband, shopping success, great breakfast, Xmas decorating, spending time with our fabulous Ava, and we stayed in our pajamas ALL DAY!  Perfect day!

Today, we are getting back to the gym and "getting in shape" for Xmas day foods. Haha Hey everyone needs a goal!  Not sure what else we are doing, but I won't be disappointed with Clint and Ava in tow!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment