Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11-2012

Wednesday.  Well, I had said that Friday would be my last day at my current job.  Last night, I got some news that made the decision to leave Friday a little tough.  My current job is having some financial trouble.  I had a huge conviction put on my heart.   I trained the part time girl on Monday on my responsibilities.  After that I did NOTHING!  I piddled on the computer and read some of book 5 of the Outlander series.  I couldn't in good conscious waste work 3 more days and be ok with being paid for it and knowing that they were having a hard time financially. 


So, I talked to Clint about it and he said it was up to me and he would be fine with whatever I decided.  Well, this morning I did.  I walked into my boss's office and explained how the part time girl  could take care of things and I didn't want to waste their money.  He was totally ok with that (he knew I would be saving him money).  


My final day was today.  Our front desk lady cried.  She has become a psuedo mom, great aunt figure to me.  My boss gave me an awkward hug and stepped on my toe.  I left.  I wasn't sad, I didn't regret my decision.  I am content.


Gym time!!  Today was speed work.  I did a warm up mile at 6mph.  Ran a mile at 6.7mph.  Slowed down to 6.2mph for half a mile, then sped back up to 6.7mph until I hit 3.1miles.  I did this in 29:20.  Not bad, just starting back in the swing of things.


I had made a soup/stew for supper in the  magic crockpot.  It was super good!  
4oz ground turkey
1 can kidney beans
1 can cream style corn
1 can diced tomatoes and chiles.
3 tbsps taco seasonings


We are now watching Grey's Anatomy from last week on HULU.  Good end to a weird day.


Another chapter of my life is done!  On to the next!


I hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment