Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17-2012

Tuesday, my 30th Birthday.  I have been struggling the past couple weeks with turning 30.  I don't really have a reason for it.  I don't "feel" 30, I definitely don't look 30.  I wouldn't trade my life for anything!  Honestly, I wouldn't, but for me, I feel like I should be better somehow at this age.  I can't really explain it.  I know for you to understand I would need to, but I can't put it into words.  


Today though, people have put things into perspective for me.  Clint made me a powerpoint this morning and here are a couple of things from the "presentation".  I love this man!

Things you can still do
Run and run as far as you want
Buy a house
Be a wonderful wife
Be the best mama ever
Plan trips
Take care of your Family
Be an example for your sister
And on and on


Things you can't do anymore

Ride the kid rides unless you are with Ava
But the more I think about it not much you can't do


Lifetime goals
What ever goals you still have in life we atleast get to do them together. We get to help each other, push each other, and teach each other. I wouldnt be the place in life I am today without all you do for me!


One of my best friends, made me a card and put a picture of me, Clint and Ava on it and it said, "LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE AT THE AGE OF 30!"  My heart dropped and I teared up.  They were both right!  I am healthy and happy.  I have a great husband that I get to spend 30+more years with.  A beautiful daughter that keeps me young.  A healthy body that was able to do bicep curls today with 25lb DBs and ran 4 miles with no problem.  A great new job that will push me and make me feel needed.  Family and friends who love me.  I couldn't ask for more.  So yes, I did turn 29 30 today, but it really is a number that I need to embrace and be proud of where I am at this age in my life!  I am done feeling sorry for myself that I am in my 30's.  I can only get better, right?!


I hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment