Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 12-2012

Thursday was a day literally spent in our pajamas ALL DAY!!  Clint unfortunately had to work, but Ava and I stayed home.  We colored(her new thing), we played with the Fisher Price little people Ferris wheel she got for Christmas.  We just layed on the couch.  We did 3 loads of laundry.  We did a whole lot of nothing and it was GREAT!  


For some reason, she doesn't like to sleep during the day much when I am home or Clint and I both are on the weekends.  Today she only napped 35 minutes ALL DAY LONG!  She was a champ though.  She never let up.  So we played!  


The weather got bad with black ice and snow, so I had to cancel my bootcamp class.  The ladies were completely ok with it.  


During the day I had made chicken enchiladas for supper.  They turned out really good!
Ingredients: Serves 2.25 (me, Clint and Ava)
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1 cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
3 tbsp taco seasonings
1 can enchilada sauce(I only used 3/4 of a can)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 whole wheat tortilla shells
2 whole wheat Flatout wraps
pam cooking spray


-After choping the onion and pepper, turn on the stove to med-high heat and spray the pan with Pam cooking spray.  Saute' the pepper and onion until translucent.  
-Cut up the chicken breast into bite size pieces or you can shred it with a fork.
-Pour the sauteed peppers and onions into a mixing bowl. Add the chicken, fat free sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup cheese into the bowl.  Mix until all covered with the sour cream.
-In a 9x13in baking dish pour a smidge of enchilada sauce so they won't slide around.  Take each of the tortillas and put about a 1/4 cup of the mixture down the center.  Wrap the tortilla and place it seam side down in the dish.  I cut the Flatout wraps in half and did the same thing as the tortillas(so they made 4 little enchiladas).
-I poured about a 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.  
-Cover with aluminum foil and either place in the fridge until you are ready to bake or go ahead and put them into a preheated oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
-Serve with shredded lettuce, fat free sour cream, salsa.
Guys these are SO EASY and good!


I just took a rest day for workouts.  No harm no foul in just spending the day with Ava!


I hope you had a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment