Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 13-2012

Friday the 13th.  I've never been superstitious and it didn't start today either! Today in fact was a fantastic day.  I actually took some time for myself.  I had talked myself out of going.  "the roads are too icy." "Ava needs a nap."  "ava has a runny nose."  "I feel selfish, dropping Ava off at my parents' house so I can go enjoy some time for me."  All of these thoughts were running in my head, until Clint convinced me to go.  He knew I had talked myself out of it, but pushed me to go.


So we straightened up the house (never know when you will get a showing phone call) and Ava and I went to drop her off.  She fell asleep in the car (thank goodness).  She was so tired, bless her.  Dropped off a sleeping baby and off I went.  


Where did I go?  I got a set of nails put on and an hour massage.  I know some people don't care for them and think they are tacky, but if I a "fun stash" of money just for me, I would have my nails done and kept up every 3 weeks or so. I feel so feminine and wonderful just with a set of nails.  How silly that sounds now that I type it, but it is true.


My friend Amanda is a massage therapist and my parents' gave me a massage for Christmas.  Amanda truly is blessed by God with magic hands.  She is the best massage therapist I have ever been too.  I tell her that too every time I get a massage.  


After an hour of heaven, I went to pick up a sleeping baby.  Haha she is an easy kid to babysit!  We stayed home on our typical Ferrell Friday night fashion.  I love Friday nights!  Our exhausted child fell asleep at about 5:50pm.  I told Clint even though it might mess up her sleeping pattern we should let her sleep until she wakes up.  She woke up about 9pm for a snack and then went back down at about 10pm.  She woke up this morning at 6:30am!!  She is a sleeping champ.  Just letting her sleep was definitely a great decision.  Her body needed all of that sleep.


I did a 20minute full body workout at home.  Today, was a cross train or rest day.  No running.  It was a fairly good workout.


Well, I hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment