Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4-2012

Humpety Hump Day.  I have been thinking it was Monday ALL DAY today!  I guess because it was my first day back from the holidays.  But I have to remember I work tomorrow and it is not Tuesday!


So today in my life.  I was dreading work.  Since the boss "break up" on Monday, I knew it would be a little awkward, but he had 2 days to process it and deal with it.  


I get to work at 7am, he said "morning" to me at like 9am-ish.  He really didn't talk to anyone today. I did get an email from him to send a lady some info.  But THAT WAS IT!! All day long.  I don't know what to think about it.  I don't know if he was pouting, he looked a little sick, so many he was coming down with something, or just didn't know what to say so didn't say anything at all!   Oh well, 6 days left.  


Our front desk lady was completely supportive.  She said I was like one of her kids and she would be sad to see me go, but I couldn't turn this opportunity that fell in my lap and that was 4 miles from home down.  She did help make things better with her encouraging words!


We went to the gym after work.  Of course, it is packed.  Well, at least for about 5 more weeks right?!?  Then the resolutioners will fade back out and it will be back to the usual crowd.


Today's workout plan had me doing a tempo run. I ran 4.25 miles in 40:44min.  It is the longest I have ran since I had a bulging disc in my back this past August.  Pretty excited to see good miles and no pain in those miles! I did a heavy upper body workout and called it a day at the gym.  


Then we came home and huge salads were on the menu for supper!  We played with Ava for a bit before bed.  I am going to finish this post and curl up on the couch and read.  I am reading the 4th book in the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. If you need a good, keeps you guessing, leaves you hanging type of series, this is it!


Ok, now I want to read!


I hope you had a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment